Safety and Sanitation
Find out how we operate
Charlotte’s Web ECC knows that your child’s safety, security and health are the top priorities when selecting a childcare center to enroll. We have designed our center to ensure a safe environment where parents have peace of mind and our children are free to learn.
Safety & Security
We adhere to the following procedures to ensure optimal safety of our children:
- Secure lobby, classrooms, and premises – Our primary entrance into the classrooms is equipped with a security door and requires a PIN code to enter. Teachers will greet the children upon arrival each morning assist parents with pick up each afternoon.
- Visitor Precautions – Only direct communication with the director will be allowed when someone other than the authorized people are picking them up that day. ID is required for all unfamiliar visitors.
- Security cameras – multiple security cameras are located around the center and monitored daily.
- Equipment safety – we believe that a wide variety of learning tools and play equipment keeps children involved in learning but only order equipment and furniture for the center from approved vendors than ensure all safety measures are accounted for. All of our outside play equipment is from approved vendors with all safety measures available.
We adhere to the following procedures to ensure optimal cleanliness of the center:
- Teachers and staff clean and disinfect toys, furniture, and all surfaces coming in contact with children on a daily basis.
- Children are encouraged to wash their hands regularly and learn why this is so important to keeping them healthy.
- Classroom spaces are designed to keep diaper changing areas away from play areas and food prep counters.
We already place much importance in the safety and sanitation of the center, but are taking extra measures during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety of our children. We are collecting guidance from a variety of sources such as the CDC and local pediatricians to make the most informed decisions to make sure our safety practices are up to date.
We would like to share a sample of some additional measures we are taking to keep everyone safe:
• Attempting whenever possible to keep classes the same every day with the same teachers to limit exposure to teachers and children from the other classrooms.
• Discontinuing use of iPad in the lobby to check in children each day utilizing the teacher iPad’s to check in/out children in their classrooms.
• Utilizing hand washing station before entering class each day for both children and parents.
• Nap time adjustments will continue with having children rest in alternating head-to-toe (or toe-to-toe) positions and situated 6 feet apart whenever possible. Bedding will be laundered regularly and cots are sanitized with 3-Step sanitation process each day.
• Staff members will continue to perform temperature checks on teachers and children at drop-off. They will use no-touch thermometers whenever possible. If a teacher or child has a temperature over 100.4 we will ask that they stay home that day. If a child has had a fever or trouble breathing, we ask that they stay home until they’ve been symptom-free without medication for at least 72 hours. Teachers will monitor children for signs of illness throughout the day including but not limited to: flushed cheeks, rapid breathing or shortness of breath.
• Cleaning and sanitation will continue on a daily basis and throughout the day sanitizing all surfaces that are frequently touched such as: toys, games, cubbies, chairs, desks, counter tops, sink handles, doorknobs, pin pads, etc…
• Toys and materials that cannot be sanitized on a daily basis (i.e. fabric materials or rugs) will not be used.
Contact Us Today!
We would love to chat